History of The Method:All teachers have been Barre Certified through Core Fusion Exhale Spa. Our method was developed by Fred DeVito and Elisabeth Halfpapp who have over 50 years of combined experience and expertise. We are so proud and honored to have been personally trained by them here in Charlotte.
The Method:Barre Fusion fuses the disciplines of core and strength conditioning, Pilates, Yoga and ballet. You get a total body and comprehensive workout as you lift, tone, sculpt and lengthen your muscles through isometric and isolated movements and focus on proper alignment/form, flexibility and posture. Our teachers will target each of your muscle groups to the point of exhaustion and then stretch those muscles in a way to promote long and lean growth. Suitable for every fitness level, modifications and adjustments are made to challenge everyone safely. It is recommended to participate in this class at least three times a week to start seeing transformations in the abs, legs, arms and glutes.
- Stall Barre: The stall barre is a rehabilitative equipment for maintaining the health of the back. As one hangs from the barre, the spine tends to fall into natural alignment using the simple principles of gravitational pull. Also, it will maximize the space between each vertebra, maintaining the length of the spine while minimizing the compression of the discs.
- Warm Up: We require everyone to warm up. This helps to reduce injuries and helps set the tone and intentions for the class.
- Upper Body: Shoulders, Arms and Upper Back
- Lower Body: Legs, Gluteals, Abdominals and Lower Back
- Savasana and Final Stretch
- Throughout the class there are a series of stretching and the core is ALWAYS engaged.