Consistency is key when it comes to working out; while under 10 minutes is not a long time to spend exercising, making priority of quick abdominal routiness like this one 4-5 times a week can help you get a lean, toned, flat stomach.
How to do this Routine:If muscles are not already warm, do 5-10 minutes of cardio (walking, jogging, running) before starting. Do each exercise for 45 seconds before moving onto the next.
- Russian Twists
- Flutter Kicks
- Pilates Hundreds
- Jumping Oblique Twists
- Reverse Crunches
- Crisscross Crunch
- Pilates Toe Taps
- Pilates Side Hip Raises (Right)
- Pilates Side Hip Raise (Left)
- Cool Down & Stretch
Tips for getting defined abs• This abdominal routine is a great addition to the end of a cardio workout , or as a supplement to a workout where either “upper” or “lower” body has been of primary focus.
• If you are trying to get a flat stomach, you absolutely have to embrace a comprehensive diet and exercise plan that is going to keep your body fat low, or at least your BMI within the healthy range.
• Getting great abs is not just about how much you eat, what you eat counts as well. Build the majority of your intake around fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins for the best lean abs diet.
• Consume sodium, sodas, alcohol, additives and preservatives (almost all packaged foods!), in moderation, and if possible cut them out all together.
I had a friend in college who swore that they had earned their 6 pack abs via 100 situp variations, done every single day without miss. Granted, this was in combination with regular workouts and he was naturally of a moderately lean build, but it’s still a fun concept to consider; how big of a difference little commitments can make when it comes to your fitness level. Doing the 8 Minute Abs Workout Routine above is much more complete approach than just 100 random situps, and doing it 4-5 times a week will definitely result in both calories burned and ab muscles toned.